Rosalind Jordan and John Jordan
Two of Antioch's original founders
Photos courtesy of Joyce Ellington
In 1908, the growing congregation built a new structure, which could accommodate 150 worshippers at the same Sixth and Julian Street location. The second church structure would serve the San Jose Community for over 50 years.
Following World War II, there was an influx of African Americans to San Jose, and the congregation grew. On Easter Sunday of 1963, Antioch held a dedication ceremony at the new Church. The church at the same location would build a new church. In 1993, Antioch gathered and celebrated 100 years of service to San Jose’s African American community and the City of San Jose.
Antioch Baptist Church Sanctuary
Information and Photographs Courtesy of Antioch Baptist Church
Historical and Archival Committee (except as noted)
All material copyrighted
1998-2017 Antioch Baptist Church
Duplication and use of material contained herein is prohibited except by express written permission.
To submit for request to access or use materials from the church archives, please download forms here.
To contact us:
Antioch Baptist Church
Historical and Archival Committee
268 East Julian Street
San Jose, CA 95112